Are you a Willwriter or are you considering Willwriting as a new career?
Becoming a member of the Institute of Professional Willwriters (IPW) or the Institute of Professional Willwriters (ISPW) is be the best place to start.
You can find out how easy it is to become a member by clicking here.
As well as providing you with essential training and an extensive network of professionals who can support every area of your business, IPW membership demonstrates to potential clients that you possess a recognised level of industry awareness and knowledge.
This will play a key part in establishing a trustworthy brand and encourage consumers to choose your services over those of a competitor.
Would you like to join the growing number of Willwriters taking advantage of benefits the IPW and the ISPW have to offer?
What's more, becoming a member is easy.
Once you have passed the IPW Entrance Examination or if you already possess an equivalent and relevant qualification in Wills and Estates set by STEP or ILEX, you'll have access to a range of exclusive benefits, including:
We welcome interest from both new entrants and established Willwriters who are committed to attaining and maintaining the highest standards in the profession.
- Recognition. The growing public recognition of the Institute, and therefore our members. As well as being professional and highly-qualified, our Willwriters are recognised as operating to the highest standards.
- Reliability. Our Code of Practice has been approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
- Development. Access to introductory and examination level training courses for both existing Willwriters and new entrants to the profession. This is provided through our wholly owned training company, the Willwriting Academy Ltd. The company also provides Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in the form of courses, seminars in order to develop skills and remain up-to-date with changes in the law.
- Support. We provide our members with access to Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance, offering cover more extensive than anywhere else in the sector. As our premium rate are so minimal, many of our members save more in insurance premiums than they spend on their membership fees.
- Education. We provide training courses and books from recognised legal sources at a discounted rate.
- Promotion. With industry events and campaigns taking place throughout the year, membership of the IPW provides you with the opportunity to market your business on a national scale.
- Connection. As a member, you'll receive a copy of our members newsletter 'the Journal', sent out each quarter.
- Exclusivity. When you become a member, you'll receive exclusive access to the Members Only area of the Institute's website, offering a growing range of downloadable written material and handy links to other sites.
- Engagement. You will also gain access to our active Members Online Forum and Facebook Forum, enabling you to exchange views, knowledge and experiences with fellow members.
- Trust. Membership of the IPW entitles you to use the IPW or ISPW member logo as well as CTSI Approved Codes logo. By placing this on your website or marketing material, consumers can be assured that they can trust your service.
- Consistency. Each year you will receive an updated Practising Certificate and Membership Identity Card.
- For all. As a democratic organisation, the IPW is owned and run by its members. Being a part of the organisation ensures that your voice will be heard.