Why Use an IPW or ISPW Member to Write Your Will?
The Institute of Professional Willwriters (IPW) and the Institute of Scottish Professional Willwriters (ISPW) have been founded with two principal aims:
- To promote the highest possible standards within the Will writing profession
- To protect the interests of its members and of the public
All Members of the Institute.........
- are qualified by examination to write Wills and associated documents
- have at least £2million Professional Indemnity Insurance cover to protect their clients
- have at least £2m Public Liability insurance cover
- have undergone a Disclosure & Barring Service disclosure
- undertake regular refresher training to update their knowledge
- are subject to the Institutes Code of Practice which has been approved by the Trading Standards Institute under its Consumer Codes Approval Scheme
Most Members of the Institute.........
- offer a home-visit service by appointment, often in the evening if that is more convenient to their client
- offer a fixed fee
- offer secure storage arrangements for documents
- offer advice and documentation on matters associated with Wills such as Lasting Powers of Attorney, (Continuing Powers of Attorney in Scotland), Advance Decisions (Living Wills) and Will Trusts to protect assets.
To contact a member of the Institute, please click here