Considering Joining the IPW or the ISPW?
Are you a Willwriter or are you considering Willwriting as a new career?
Do you want to join the flood of Willwriters joining the IPW and the ISPW since the Institute obtained OFT approval of its Code of Practice?
The Institute of Professional Willwriters (IPW) and the Institute of Scottish Professional Willwriters (ISPW) are the foremost bodies for professional Willwriters.
The Institute's members, all of whom have passed either the IPW Entrance Examination or possess an equivalent and relevant qualification in Wills and Estates set by the Society of Trust and Estate Planners (STEP) or Institute of Legal Executives (ILEX), are able to benefit from their membership in the following areas:
- Growing public recognition of the Institute, and therefore its members, as being professional, highly-qualified Willwriters operating to the highest standards.
- Code of Practice Approval from the Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
- Introductory and examination level training courses for both existing Willwriters and new entrants to the profession provided through its wholly owned training company, the Willwriting Academy Ltd. The company also provides Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in the form of courses, seminars in order to develop skills and remain up-to-date with changes in the law.
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance from Beazley Solutions Limited with cover better than can be obtained elsewhere in the sector and at premiums rates lower than anywhere in the sector. Many of our members save more in insurance premiums than they spend on their membership fees!
- Discounted books and training courses from recognised law publishers and legal training providers.
- National marketing opportunities.
- Monthly members newsletter 'the Journal'.
- Quarterly full colour magazine 'Inheritance Matters'
- Access to the Members Only area of the Institute's website, offering a growing range of downloadable written material and handy links to other sites.
- Members Online Forum (probably the most active in the sector) to exchange views, knowledge and experiences with fellow members.
- Authorised use of the IPW or ISPW member logo and the CTSI Approved Codes logo on stationery and advertising material.
- Annual Practising Certificate and Membership Identity Card. Realistic membership fees.
- A democratic organisation, owned by its members, run by its members for the benefit of its members (and their clients) where every member has a voice.
We welcome interest from both new entrants and established Willwriters who are committed to attaining and maintaining the highest standards in the profession.
Further details may be obtained by email from the membership manager.