Full Course Details:
Learn the tips and tricks of advanced Will drafting. Will drafting is a very different skill set to instruction taking. Although taking instructions and applying technical knowledge are skills in their own right, both can be easily undone by a failure to then translate those instructions into a valid, elegant and, of course executed, Will.
On this course you will learn some of the pitfalls, tricks and traps of will drafting, including common clerical errors which affect the ability to efficiently obtain the Grant of Representation as well as effective clause selection to enable the smooth administration of the estate.
- Aims of the Will and the Draftsman
- Considerations when eliciting information and transposing the instructions
- Getting the Will through Probate –what does the Probate Registry look for?
- Effective clause selection- use of precedents
- Special Considerations:
- Asset protection
- Family/beneficiary protection
- Foreign property
- Business Assets
- IPFD Act
- Vulnerable Beneficiaries
- Case Studies